© Copyright 2020 | sharhana.com
Abdulrahman Sultan Alsharhan was born in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), chairman of International Center for Biosaline Agriculture in Dubai.
He received his B.Sc (1978) in Geology from Cairo University, and M.Sc. (1983) and Ph.D. (1985) in Geology both from the University of South Carolina, USA.
With a 35-
Among other publications, he co-
1. Sedimentary Basins and Petroleum Geology of the Middle East (1997) with A. E.M. Nairn.
2. Hydrogeology of an Arid Region: Arabian Gulf and Adjacent Areas (2001) with Z.A. Rizk, A. E.M. Nairn, D. Bakhit, and S. Al-
3. Water Resources in the United Arab Emirates (2008) with Z.A.Rizk.
4. Quaternary Deserts and Climate Change (1998) with K. W.Glennie, G. Whittle, and C.G.St. Kendall.
5. Middle East Models of Jurassic/Cretaceous Carbonate Systems (2000) with R. W. Scott.
6. Desertification in the Third Millennium (2003), with W.W. Wood, A.S. Goudie, A. Fowler and E. Abdellatif.
7. Water Resources Perspectives: Evaluation Management and Policy (2003), with W.W. Wood.
8. Quaternary Carbonate and Evaporite Sedimentary Faies and Their Ancient Analogues (2011), with C.G.St.C. Kendall.
His career so far has been very diverse, outside of the university he holds or has held several positions such as: Chairman of Ras Al Khaimah Cement Company (2003-
In recognition of his work and academic performance, he received several scholarships and awards, such as:
Sheikh Rashid Award for Academic Excellence, 1987; Fullbright Scholarship, 1990; Best Scientific Research in the College of Science, U.A.E. University, 1995; Abdul Hamid Shoman Award for Best Youth Arab Scientists in Geology, 1995; International Who’s Who of Twentieth Century Achievement for Contribution to the Field of Geology, USA, 1996, 1998, 199; Dictionary of International Biography, 1996; Certificate of Merit for Distinguished Service, UK, 1996; Twentieth Century Award for Achievement in the Field of Geology, UK, 1997; Millennium Hall of Fame for Significant Contributions to International Society, USA, 1997; Twentieth Century Achievement Award in Five-
Prof. Abdulrahman Sultan Alsharhan PhD.